Sunday, January 22, 2012

Let's start at the beginning...

We have just begun the beginning of a new year and January already more than 1/2 over!. Every year resolutions are written down and somehow forgotten after so many months. This year is different. It's a new year and time for new experiences...so I have decided to start journaling. It seems that the years are going by faster every year and yet it becomes so hard to remember everything that I have accomplished in that year.  I tend to remember the repetitive actions, but not the fun times spent with family, successes, new adventures even the oops days and pitfalls through the year. 

I made a "new year resolution" to start a journal of some sort to document the year. It seems that every year I make a resolution, I have already broken the resolution by the 10th of January. This year I decided not to start until the end of January and hopefully I will have a better chance at keeping my resolution. My goal is to journal something at least once a week. With a busy schedule, I need to make time to take a break and reflect on my days.  I am hopeful that by the end of the year I can look back at the journals and see all the good things that happened over the year. I know that there will be times when things are not so pretty in life, but as with everything else...we have to take each day and turn it into something positive, even if the day doesn't seem to be going in our direction. For me this is only the beginning of change. I cannot wait to see what the year has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment